Mr. Thompson is Board Certified in the practice of Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has served as lead trial council in hundreds of criminal trials, and represents clients throughout the Houston Metropolitan area and surrounding counties, including Harris County, Montgomery County, Liberty County, Chambers County, Brazoria County, Ft. Bend County and Galveston County.
Prior to becoming a defense attorney, Mr. Thompson was a Prosecutor with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. During his eight years (1997-2005) as an Assistant District Attorney, he prosecuted many cases of an extremely serious nature including murder, capital murder, and sexual assault cases. As a defense attorney, he has represented many defendants charged with these same very serious offenses. Mr. Thompson has been selected as one of Houston’s top criminal defense lawyers for 2011 and 2012 by H Magazine. He is also a “Master” in the Garland Walker chapter of the Inns of Court.
Mr. Thompson graduated with a JD from Southern Methodist University in 1995, and holds his BBA from Baylor University.
Mr. Thompson has gained admission to:
- The United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Texas
- District of Columbia
- United States Court Of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Tax Court
Mr. Thompson is a member of the following Bar Associations:
- State Bar of Texas
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The College of the State Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- 5th Circuit Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilot Bar Association